View Single Post
Old 09-21-2004   #18
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 114011 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan279
I think the reason the are using the running game so much is to try and open up the passing game. But it has gotten to the point of 2 runs, 1 pass, punt, 2 runs, one pass, punt. They need to mix it up. Try pass, run, pass, or pass, pass, run. I liked what the Eagles and Vikes did last night on offense. I remember one 2nd and 2 the Eagles had I think, and they lined up in shotgun, 2 RB's, and 3 WR's. That is what we need to start doing, mixing it up a bit, stop being so conservative and predictable. Also, until Davis proves he can stop dropping the rock for awhile, I think they should look at splitting RB duties 50/50 with Davis and Hollings. Not just having Hollings spell Davis for a play or 2 for a breather. I would say bench Davis, but I know Capers won't.
I said that in a post during the game. All they do is run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... run,run,pass..... Its like a skipping record, they need to be more deceptive with the play calling. Now we're 0-2 with not much to lose being heavy underdogs against KC, let the ball fly more and not just on third down.

- Edmund Burke
Carr Bombed is offline   Reply With Quote