View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004   #30
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default No big deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky
The Texans got the ball one more time after that conversion attempt. There wasn't that much time left. It was the right call.

Waiting until the last possible chance to make a play is by definition playing not to lose. Go for it. If you don't make it, at least you have the rest of the game to make up for it. Wait until the last play of the game, it's do or die. You have to maximize your opportunities to win. I can't agree with every coaching decision the Texans made, but I'll back this one 100% every time.
That's the way it worked out, but there could have been many possessions in that amount of time. In the fourth quarter of an NFL game, it happens.

I will say this. It took some guts. He showed faith in his defense and assumed there wouldn't be anymore scoring allowed. I'd like to make judgements on play calling decisions in a game where we don't lose the turnover battle so badly, though. I'm afraid I'm judging coaches just because I ticked that we lost, which is mostly DD's fault, the way I see it.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote