View Single Post
Old 09-20-2004   #34
dalemurphy
Hall of Fame

Section: Bullpen/ 636
Rep Power: 70559 dalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respecteddalemurphy is a quality contributor and well respected

I have consistantly defended the offensive playcalling for 2 years and one game. However, I'm done doing that! The Lions had 8 men in the box, mediocre corners who were biting on first moves and the Texans refused to take a shot downfield until the third quarter. Furthermore, they refused to throw at all until third down. It was a disgusting display. I couldn't tell if Carr was off in the first half or if the offensive was just so freakin' predictable that the Lions knew exactly where to be. EVERY SINGLE TIME the Texans went downfield with the ball, they had a man open- most of the passes were completed (Gaffney for 25, Bradford TD, AJ TD, and the AJ catch at the end of the game when the referee robbed him).

Whether Palmer or Capers is responsible for this ultra conservative and extremely predictable playcalling, it needs to be corrected next week.
dalemurphy is offline   Reply With Quote