View Single Post
Old 05-13-2004   #20
Lucky

Rep Power: 103975 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj.
You're calling a cap hit of 7-8 million per year a bargain? I'd like to see the salary list that you're using as a reference.

It isn't unusual for the QB to be the highest paid player on a team but like I said, he better start earning it because he's not a top ten QB and his salary is about to become just that.
By the time Carr's cap hit escalates to the $7-8 million range, guys like McNabb, Culpepper, Vick, McNair, Farve (if he's still playing), and of course Manning's contracts will dwarf those numbers. Who knows how much more Brady, Pennington, and Hasselback will re-up for? More than what the Texans will be paying for Carr, that's for sure. And that franchise number that infantrycak posted will look like crumbs. So yes, it will be a bargain.

As far as "start earning it" is concerned, I guess Carr taking a record number of sacks behind the worst O-line in NFL history means nothing to you. Would any of the QBs I've listed above have taken the Texans to the playoffs in the 1st two season? Bash Carr for this, that, and the other thing, but the earning it stuff is a load. He's earned his money thus far.
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote