View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004   #16
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Fumbles

4 fumbles in 2 games means he shouldn't have played at all in this one, much less the next one. There are coaches that will sit your butt down, for the rest of that one game anyway, for fumbling just one time, and THEY DON'T HAVE PLAYERS THAT FUMBLE. That's the way it works. They don't care if you're Walter Payton, or whoever. You don't fumble the ball, if you wanna play. Furthermore, those kinds of coaches tend to find that one RB runs for 1000+ yds. one year, and while he's a fumble machine the next, some other RB on the same team runs for 1000+ yds. Give the O-line some of that credit. They CAN prove it belongs to them.

I don't care if Hollings does fumble it, when he gets a chance. So what. Give it to Wells. If he fumbles it, for crying out lould, give it back to Davis. Somebody has to step up and play like they want to be a starter.

Oh, and I don't care what the results of Davis's fumbles were, either. 4 fumbles in 2 games is inexcusable. It could have been 4 touchdowns or 4 punts against us. What their offense does with it is on them and our defense--not on Davis. He already messed up when he gave them the chance and took away ours.

I know that Eddie George didn't fumble, but for other reasons he was traded away by Tennessee. A lot of us thought that was it--they wouldn't have a running game anymore. SURPISE! This new guy they've got is making what Eddie George did (LATELY) look like childs play. They've got the O-line that he needs and he's just loving it and ripping right past the opponents defenses. I'm not a big guy and I've always rooted more for the skills players, but let's be realistic--on both sides of the ball, it's those lineman that really matter (sure wish we had 4 of them on defense). Give the ball to Hollings.

Last edited by HJam72; 09-19-2004 at 09:35 PM.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote