View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004   #8
phan1
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDTexan
Did you notice the difference when we got behind and they started to let Carr throw the ball down field. We made huge chunks of yards and started to score! It reminded me of when Carr was at Fresno St. They let him make the calls and throw the ball down field when he wanted.

Look at the first half when they had Carr throwing outs, slants, and sideline routs. What did we get. NOTHING.

Let Carr do what you got him for. Palmer needs to let him SLING IT!!!
I disagree completely. He's a good QB, but he's yet to prove that he can take over a game. In fact, he hasn't had a single game where he did take over a game. I'm not downing Carr at all, but he can't win by himself. He's going to need help on the O-line, the running game, and good field position. Did you see him in the 1st qtr? He didn't look good at all a gave up an interception. He could have given up 2 or 3 in the first half!

Don't get me wrong, I think he's a very good QB and am very happy with him as our franchise QB. Couldn't ask for a better one. But there's no way he's going to just take over a game like that. They're only about 3-4 QBs in the whole NFL who can. And about running the football in the 4th, we had a bunch of 3rd and short situations. I have no problems letting DD go pick us up a fresh set of downs to work with. Carr has yet to look good enough to warrent a pass every down, especiall when you have DD in the backfield.

I don't get people complaining about our offense. We have looked very good these past 2 games when we don't cough up the ball! It's our defense that has not been playing up to expectations.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote