View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004   #12
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
11 passes to DD. The next closest was Armstrong with 4. That is pathetic considering the injury depleted secondary. True, our line wasn't pass blocking great, but frankly, the Texans are predictable. Half the battle is knowing what the other team is doing. More play action, with long passes here and there on first downs would help. So, is it Carr not seeing the field, or is he being coached that if his first option isn't avaiable, to quickly check down to DD? Which is it, the chicken or the egg? All I know is that "the buck stops here", meaning the coaching staff is responsible either way. If it's part of the game plan, and/or coaching this to him, they are directly responsible. And, if they don't want him doing this, they are indirectly responsible for not coaching him better. Either way, the coaches are culpable. Everyone saw what happened when they went up top to AJ and Corey. This isn't rocket science!

I agree with you Porky.. our TE's only have like 3 catches in 2 games that I can remember. Not to take anything away from S.D. or Detroit, but their secondary can't all be that good. As far as getting to AJ an Corey, I thought we would try to exploit the new rules for DB's esp. , with AJ's size.

My top lists of "fixes"
1) Turnovers
2) Defense has stop people on 3rd and long
3) Pressure the QB
4) Our Red Zone offense needs to improve
5) get the ball into AJ's hands
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote