View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004   #5
Lucky

Rep Power: 163616 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree with the sentiment of TexansFight (I wish) and his post. I would like to see more passes down the field on 1st & 2nd downs, also. I would like to see the Texans use Davis more sparingly, to avoid seeing him winded. But first, the O-line has to pass block. That's not happening right now.

The line has done an OK job of run blocking, but every guy has underachieved as a pass blocker. Wand has been beat mentally & physically. Pitts looked better at LT. Has McKinney made a call to pickup a blitz, yet? Wiegert did his impersonation of Jimmy Herndon prior to getting injured (wait, that's like Jimmy also). Wade has been OK, but not special. And what happened to using Bruener to help out on the edge rush? What happened to the O-line we saw in the preseason and the 1st half of the SD game? Until this gets fixed, the Texans won't be able to be the downfield passing team we all hope them to be.

I have no answers for the Texan defense. When they sit back and rush 3, they can't cover. When they bring the blitz, they can't get to the QB. It's the vets like Walker, Sharper, Glenn, & Coleman who aren't getting it done. What I do know is that the 2 worst defenses in the league meet next Sunday at Arrowhead. That should be exciting for someone.