View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004   #9
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72459 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected
Angry I can't watch DD anymore . . . sorry!

It has gotten to the point that, no matter how many yards Davis gets on either a running play or pass play . . . if the whole time that I'm watching him, I'm doing nothing but wondering if he's going to fumble it again . . well, that's no fun.

Turnovers mean everything to me. I consider the takeway/giveaway ratio to be more important than most be people do.

I blame Davis for these two losses. And now he's got a reputation as a fumbler that the other teams exploit when gameplanning.

As for Capers benching him, he should do that. He benched Jonathan Wells for coughing it a couple years ago, so I would expect Capers to be more consistant with his policy regarding fumbles. Now, I suppose some would say that by benching Davis, you'd be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Or a better anology would be a parent grounding a misbehaving teenager . . . you'd be grounding yourself more than the teenager.

But sorry, right now, if you give me a choice between a fumbling Davis, and a non-fumbling Wells . . . I'm gonna have to take Wells.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote