View Single Post
Old 05-12-2004   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

NotARealTexan is on the right track. I posted this somewhere else, not sure where, so I'll try to reconstruct it the best I can.

Carr's contract has the "potential" to go 7 years but next year (2005) is an option year. That means his contract will expire at the end of the 2005 season if the Texans do not exercise one of two buyback options, (either a two-year or a three-year extension). His 2005 base before the option is exercised is a hefty $5.5 million.

If the Texans exercise the two year option, Carr will receive a bonus of $5.5 million upon signing and base salaries in '06 and '07 of $5 million and $5.25 million respectively.

If the Texans choose the three year option (to fully exercise the 7 year deal), Carr will receive a bonus of $8 million upon signing and bases of $5.25 million in '06 and '07 and $6 million in '08.

He will become very expensive next year so he better start earning it.

Last edited by aj.; 05-12-2004 at 08:21 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote