View Single Post
Old 09-19-2004   #25
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
Donnie Edwards for one, and name me a very good starter on the Chicago front 7 that isn't a rookie, or coming off of an injury (Urlacher). Ogunleye perhaps? You do realize that the Lions didn't face the 85 Bears dont you?Add to that the Lions 3rd down conversions (2 of 14 or something like that?), and your running/passing game isn't a beacon of efficency either. I really don't see your argument for the Lions RBs. You have a talented rookie who is unproven, and had a 2.2 ypc average. The guy will be good eventually, but he won't be Barry Sanders right away. Weren't the Lions last in rushing last year as a team? Say what you will about DD or the Texan's OLine, but at least both are proven, and are only getting better.
while we are excluding people. why dont you just say anyone inthe front 7 who isnt wearing blue and orange... the Bears front 7 is 10x better then the Chargers... yes, i agree D.D. is a proven NFL back, but what isnt proven about theLions O-Line...? RT-Stockar McDougle, a good tackle, still with ALOT of potential and upside... its just a shame the Lions probably wont be resigning him next year... RG-Damien Woody, a proven winner... C-Domonic Raiola, can play on the level of any center in the NFL, just not consistently... LG-David Loverne, a Journeyman, far exceeding expectations since hes been with the Lions... LT-Jeff Backus, a top 10 tackle last season, and still has room to get better. not to mention 3 of the 5 starters haveing been playing together for 3 years...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote