View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004   #62
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87952 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

why are u trying to crucify palmer? our offense had 4 turnovers and the deffense couldnt shut down tomlinson...how many defenses can? in regard to the turnovers...1 int---batted ball. palmers fault? no. 2nd int---carr had a lineman roll up his ankle. palmers fault? no. davis's fumbles...palmers fault? ummmm no. the turnovers were based on individual performances and not scheme flaws. needless to say the defenses' inabilities are not palmers fault.

without those turnovers the offense puts up great yardage. i dont blame palemer in any way. did he make questionable calls? yes. every coach calls questionable calls. but for the most part our offense did enough to win the game. u need to question fangio more then u do palmer.

i will say im discouraged by the ingame adjustments...the lack of a deep threat offense (u take what the defense gives u------not palmer's fault) and a lack of execution (capers fault?)

what i did like seeing was davis in the slot out wide outside the box.......seperate him from the linebackers and make a cb tackle him. i expect that to keep working and infact i give palmer props for those kind of calls as well as the ocassional supply of screens. carr did a nice job of utilizing more recievers as well.

i am NOT concerned about the offense. if u want to start criticing somebody it needs to be fangio or capers.........the defense will be our weak link this year.