View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004   #16
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_C
I also believe that halftime adjustments were not necessarily needed. We moved up and down the field at will. I know, I know we didn't in the second half. Those pesky turnovers!!! Play calling and coaching had zilch to do with the outcome of this game IMO. Now, let's right this ship and beat the Lions!!
Gotta disagree, Chance. If you've given up 70 yards to a freaking tight end by halftime, SOMETHING's not right. Now, the flipside to that argument was that Gates was the ONLY Charger with positive pass yards in the first half (Tomlinson caught 1 ball for -3 yards, giving the whole team 67 net yards receiving at the half), so maybe they figured they'd keep risking it...

I dunno. If it was a one-time thing, it wouldn't bug me. But this happened a lot last season--the hot start, and the slow fade until the final gun. Wish it didn't seem like such a trademark for this team.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote