View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004   #11
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasguy346
I think that Detroit is cleary better in the pass blocking department, but I think the Texans have the advantage when it comes to run blocking. The new zone blocking scheme seems to fit DD like a glove, and I look for him to have a big year.

I can't say I agree with your assessment of the WRs. Even with a healthy Rogers I would call it a push compared with our WRs.
I agree

I would also give Carr the slight advantage at QB

I wouldn't say the Lions LB's are razor thin either, Boss is the only one out. The 4-3 and 3-4 are difficult to compare. The DT's for the Lions are solid to very good. It is the DE's of the Lions that are questionable. In preseason they looked horrible, last week they played average. The LB's for the Lions are young, except Holmes who is old and slow. The inexperience of Lehman is the difference, but he hustles. If the DE's of the Lions play well I call it a push. If they don't, Texans all the way.

I also think, even with Bly out, the CB's are a push. The Texans have a rookie, and the Lions have their second string CB, who started his rookie year.

Both teams are weak at SS and have good FS's. Push.

In other words, D- push.
QB's- push to slight advantage Texans.
RB's- Texans
WR's- Push
Oline- Push

So it looks like the running game may be the difference in the game. And which D steps up bigger.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote