View Single Post
Old 09-18-2004   #61
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriadoc
If it was 2nd-7, then a run is not a ludicrous call, but please hand it to DD, not Baxter. As for where I am getting 2nd-11, that's what was displayed on the scoreboard in Reliant. I was sitting in section 137, end zone. The scoreboard reflected a loss of 1 on the pass in the flat to Baxter. I did TiVo the game, so I'll go back and verify.

Was the scoreboard incorrect? I guess with the glitches going on that day, I wouldn't be too surprised, hehe.
You can't hand the ball off to Davis when he is split out wide in a WIDE OPEN offensive set. The play call wasn't a conservative formation so blaming Palmer for being too conservative here is silly (just a comment in general and not directed at you eriadoc). I'm not in-love with the call either but this is all gotten to the absurd level when we break down one play over and over for a week and try to hang Palmer for this. Palmer called a pass and Carr checked down to a run. Carr could have stayed with the pass call. Carr figured it would work. That's good enough for me. The bottom line on this drive is we called 3 pass plays and we got 3 yards out of them when it was all said and done.

Houston Texans at 8:34, (1st play from scrimmage 8:28)
1-10-HST 40 (8:28) 8-D.Carr pass to 47-J.Baxter to HST 43 for 3 yards (51-B.Leber).
2-7-HST 43 (7:57) 47-J.Baxter to HST 43 for no gain (99-I.Olshansky; 58-R.Godfrey).
Penalty on HST, Illegal Procedure, declined.
3-7-HST 43 (7:36) (Shotgun) 8-D.Carr sacked at HST 43 for 0 yards (95-S.Phillips).
4-7-HST 43 (6:51) 7-C.Stanley punts 53 yards to SD 4, Center-48-B.Pittman. 88-E.Parker to SD 17 for 13 yards (51-D.Polk, 32-J.Wells). (Punt hang time 4.9 seconds.)
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote