View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004   #64
BornOrange
All Pro

Rep Power: 15 BornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVPBornOrange was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
and one of you lions fans said that roy is faster than glenn? well glenn is one of them players that i dont think has lost a step. he is just as fast as he was in 02 and no one just ran straight past him in 02 and the only person that might have a chance of doing that this year is randy moss. i know glenn is faster than dre bly though. haha roy wasnt even faster than his own in collage QB . ANDRE IS FASTER THAN ROY. andre won indor 60m and 100 meter outdoor titles in collage the big east championships in 02. i dont have official times but it had to be around the 10.2 range. thats pretty fast for a 6.3 230 dude plus andre ran 4.38 in combine
Roy Williams was third at the Texas state high school championships his senior year in high school with a time of 10.48 in the 100 meter dash. He also set a state record in the long jump with a leap of 25-6. He also finished second in the high jump by clearing 6-10 (although he had the same height as the winner, he was second because he had more misses during the competition). All by himself, he finished in fourth place among all 5A schools at the 2000 meet.
Roy's 2000 state meet

Roy also ran a hand-timed 10.08 that year.
Roy's 10.08

Andre Johnson was first at the Big East conference championship his junior year in college with a with a time of 10.59 in the 100 meter dash. If he had run in the same high school race as Roy Williams, he would have finished tied for fifth place.
AJ's Big East meet
BornOrange is offline   Reply With Quote