View Single Post
Old 09-16-2004   #31
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre
I heard on 610 this morning that they are giving Faggins and Earl more p.t. in practice. I guess if Robinson and Brown continue to struggle, they will make a move.

Personally I wouldn't mind Faggins starting at corner and Robinson learning the ropes as our nickel back (like Trufant did for Seattle his rookie year).

I also wouldn't mind seeing McCree get some reps at SS. He is a veteran and has experience at both safety positions. He has better coverage skills than Brown. Earl may be the future at SS but he is coming off of a tough injury AND is a rookie.
Are you sure Trufant started out as a NB for the Seahawks? I thought he finished the season as the starter, and, arguably, their best CB. I think the reason to start Robinson was just his potential upside, but I wouldn't be opposed to Faggins seeing the field more if Robinson has a hard time adjusting. One concern if McCree comes in at SS in place of Brown is that teams with a good running game will likely try and run it on us more. I, for one, consider our running defense more of a strength, but I'm sure with essientially two free safeties back there that it could be exploited somehow. I'm not as concerned with Brown as most are. Gates isn't your average TE, and most TEs that Brown covers aren't going to give him the fits that Gates did. However, that being said, I wouldn't mind seeing some of Glenn Earl once he gets healthy enough to play, and learns the playbook.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote