View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004   #19
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

I liked Ricks too, and I was surprised that the Lions let him go to the Jets. Imagine my surprise when he didn't make the Jets either, but I guess Becht has a lock on the starting spot there. Also, I believe Ricks was injured. He's essientially like Billy Miller. Big reciever converted to a TE. Don't feel to bad about forgetting Faggins, but he was a great find for the Texans. He was nearly let go before getting the nod to play against the Colts and performed well. He's kept performing well ever since. There was a good article about him, but I'm not sure by whom. It was on the MB a while back. I pretty much agree with your assessment, and I, too, think it will be a great game. The WR I would give a slight edge to the Texans due to our depth, but if Rogers hadn't been injured then I'd say its still a wash. Armstrong is our 4th WR, and he didn't see much time (if any) in the SD game, but the coaches are high on him. We might see him in Detroit, and he's got excellent hands and decent speed. Bradford is pretty much a big play threat, and Gaffney is a very good 3rd down reciever. Everyone knows about AJ already. Ironic how the running game could be the determining factor in a game advertised as a 'Battle of the 2002 QBs'. If Jones trys to rush to the outside on the Texans D he might have more trouble than he did in the Chicago game. Babin played well against LT, and Wong is very good on the edge too. Pretty typical of most 3-4 defenses. I don't recall Jones being much of a bowling ball type of back that could run over tacklers, and I consider him more of a make 'em miss type of back. QBs will be an interesting matchup to watch. Can't wait till Sunday.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote