View Single Post
Old 09-15-2004   #27
DetroitLions
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBTexans08
This is for the DetroitLions dude since he's still a little confused...let me simplify this for him a bit.

You said that the cornerback position is position that calls for technique. Aaron Glenn is considered among many to be one of the best corners in the league as he has made it to the pro bowl multiple times at this technique position.

We have that out of the way.......right? Good!

What good is it to be one of the best at this technique position if some guy who hasn't played football in 4 years comes in and skools you on some plays, hence the comment I made, "so much for technique."

I htmled it since there are some very hypercritical Texans fans here (including myself :hehe: ) and thought some would get a little hot under the collar thinking I was bashing Glenn, which I wasn't. It was all for good humor. Hey, that guy a.j. joked around in his "voice of the fan" article on the houstontexans.com site. SEE HERE
First off Glenn isnt even a top 20 corner, because he is over the hill... and second my point is that any shmoe can jump in and play WR, but you need ALOT of technique to play CB, hence AJ couldnt play CB...
DetroitLions is offline   Reply With Quote