View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004   #18
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonLionsFan
Oh, and Chicagos front 7 is wwwaaaayyyyyy better than the Texans (no disrespect), so running will be alot easier this week for the Lions, especially when the Texans are focusing on the pass.
Well keep in mind that Urlacher was slowed in the preseason by injury, and they're adjusting to a new scheme. Also, I believe that they're starting a rookie at DT in Tommie Harris. Rookie DTs tend to have a rough go in the league until they develop more than one move to get by the OLine. I'm not sure if Tank Johnson started for them against Detroit but he's a rookie DT too. They traded for Ogunlewye, and I think he's their best DLineman at the moment. Brown is on the other side, and he hasn't shown much yet. Lance Briggs and Joe Odom are young OLBs for the Bears in their 2nd year so I wouldn't quite dismiss Houston's front 7. We've actually been better against the run than we have in the pass rush. Seth Payne should play Sunday, and although he's not yet the Seth Payne of old, he's still very good against the run. Babin has pretty good quickness to the outside, and was able to dump LT in the backfield a couple of times on open field tackles for big losses. His weakness is still pass coverage, but he's a rookie making a switch from DE to OLB. It will come in time. Wong is the veteran on the outside, and he's very good in run and pass coverage. Sharper puts up Pro Bowl numbers, but he's not recieved the recognition for it yet in Houston. Our weakest link at LB would be Jay Foreman. Robaire Smith and Gary Walker are good against the run as well, however Walker is recovering from a strained groin and didn't look like himself last Sunday. Hopefully we'll see him looking better in Detroit.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote