View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004   #37
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanExile
And as a matter of personal opinion, AJ is not the star of this offense right now. Davis is the Texans' leading rusher AND leading receiver. The star's pretty obvious. Now by week 3 or so, I pray that our leading receiver isn't our freaking RUNNING BACK...and that AJ's getting the touches he deserves.
The reason why DD was the leading reciever because he was left open in the flat. I heard Dom Capers talk about it on SR610, the Texans called it Charger formation. Charger formation was when they lined up with DD out wide and if no one came down to cover him they would throw it out there. And on one came the first couple of times because the Chargers werent worried about Davis beating them deep, they were worried about AJ. You have to look past the stats to see who is the best offensive player on the team. AJ takes so much pressure off everybody by just being on the field, Davis doesnt get his yards if AJ isnt out there. AJ can get yards without Davis on the field: AJ averaged 6.5 receptions and 86.5 yards per game in the first four games last year with no DD...

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote