View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004   #28
tsquared
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBoltz
Although if the Lions copy what the chargers did in the second half where we limited their offense to 77 yards after giving up 259 in the first half lions got a shot.
I have seen this posted several times, and even though it looks to be an impressive stat, I think the Texans had as much to do with limiting their 2nd half production as the Chargers scheme did....they posted two sacks to put us long yardage situations that ultimately led to the two punts, but we had two other possessions ended with turnovers and the fifth of the half was DD's touchdown.

Again...props to the Bolts for taking advantage of the opportunities, but I think it was as much us shooting ourselves in the foot as it was D-Scheme from the opponent.

Another reason for limited yardage could be attributed to starting field position in the second half...by my rough calculation we averaged starting at our own 44 yard line... if we march down the field and score a touchdown on every drive, with no negative yardage plays, the Chargers would have only given up 280 yards in the second half...so maybe the 77 yards is a bit misleading.

Bottom line is still...Texans 0-1/Chargers 1-0...congrats to them.
tsquared is offline   Reply With Quote