Thread: 2005 Draft
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004   #14
Chance_C
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4104 Chance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respectedChance_C is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
You dont use a first on a replacement because a guy is old unless you know he wont be with you
What? I would think that at this time we don't have a glaring weakness other than depth at certain positions. You certainly can use a first round pick on someone that will be a starter for you in a year or two. I'm not talking about projects here. Jay Foreman could be replaced and in turn Foreman provides excellent depth. You telling me you don't use 1st round picks on eventual starters? Or are you sticking to the BPA theory even if the BPA happens to be a QB or RB? At this point we need neither, so IMO it would be useless to draft a QB or RB with our first. That's all I'm saying about the 2005 draft. That's putting the cart before the horse, and chances are by the end of this year we will all have a pretty good opinion of what we need with our first pick.