Thread: 2005 Draft
View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004   #12
jacquescas
Hall of Fame

... depending on what the draft holds...

1st round...

Offense, Depending on what happens with Joppru, a top flight Tight end could be used...someone that can both block and catch.

Defensive line. Gary Walker and Seth Payne are no spring chickens and both have had injury concerns... probably is priority number 1.

Linebackers are relatively young and mobile, if Wong can't provide a pass rush another rusher might be taken.

Defensive backs, Another Saftey would be a smart pick, Aaron Glenn isn't getting younger.

2nd Round....

Offensive line here, maybe wide reciever depending on if we keep bradford or replace him with a free agent.

If i had to name a name right now.. Antrelle Rolle... Miami..... Not only have we, and most of the NFL had luck with miami players, but he is brother of a pro-bowl corner Samari Rolle. He will be an impact corner for years. He can spend a year learning under Glenn and play on nickel packages. Then him and Dunta can shut everyone else down.

Second round i'd go with D-lineman Chris Canty from Virginia....

and O line with one of our 2 3rd round picks.

Saftey with our second 3rd rounder...

tight end with our 4th rounder

wide reciever with our 5th round pick...

its more the priority and availability than individual players i can target, and of course someone on our team might and will step up and come from no where like DD did last year (this time last year i was so concerned we would never be able to rush the ball) But at this point, (not really counting the Chargers game) this is what i would be looking towards next year...

I know people are gonna knock me for drafting 2 CBs with 2 consecutive 1st round picks, but what team wouldn't want 2 shut down corners?
jacquescas is offline   Reply With Quote