View Single Post
Old 09-14-2004   #36
TexanExile
Square 1 again

Rep Power: 3475 TexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanExile is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddy
Well the difference is one of Carr's INT was a fluke play that you wont see the rest of the season. He could have read the coverage better on the one before half. Davis fumbled once that set up points for the Chargers and fumbled away the game at the end. And i dont think I ever said bench him....

I still think the AJ is the star of the offense because teams will allow DD to beat them, the wont let AJ...
I think we agree on most everything there, except a couple of things...

A quick look at last season's stats tells us that DD only put the ball on the ground three times in 288 touches. Doesn't that make the case that DD's two fumbles were flukes too? I'm not worried. (But you're right when you say he fumbled away the game. No doubt.)

And as a matter of personal opinion, AJ is not the star of this offense right now. Davis is the Texans' leading rusher AND leading receiver. The star's pretty obvious. Now by week 3 or so, I pray that our leading receiver isn't our freaking RUNNING BACK...and that AJ's getting the touches he deserves.

AJ needs to get the ball. But I'm not going to be upset with Carr getting the ball to 7 different receivers, like last Sunday. That's very cool and speaks well of this offense. But it SURE will be nice when AJ can beat some double-teams and get some 100+ yard receiving games.
TexanExile is offline   Reply With Quote