View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004   #16
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuffSoldier
Oh and less play action in the second half, why did we stop calling screens that worked so well with DD and Hollings, why did we stop throwing the quick outs to AJ and DD when they can do so much with the ball in their hands not to mention it worked well in the first half besides the fumble after a pretty good gain.
I can't speak for the playaction passing, but as far as the DD screens go the reason they were so successful is because Palmer called it when SD was in a full blitz. If you watch the tape you'll notice that the OLineman on the screen have no one to block. They called the two screens at an opurtune time, and SD adjusted accordingly after getting burned twice. I think AJ was SD's focus on defense much like Tomlinson was our focus. I wouldn't have minded seeing more 3 or 4 wideout sets, but the pressure was getting to Carr too quickly and that might be the reason for not using it as much. I felt Gaffney was doing well against them early on, and I thought it was a matchup we could exploit.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote