View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004   #21
TexanBacker93
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17176 TexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanBacker93 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm not so sure the Texans lost to the worst team in football. This is a team that MANY gurus picked as the team to make a breakthrough last year and make some noise in the playoffs. They were 8-8 the previous year, brought in Kwame Lassiter, David Boston, and Lorenzo Neal. Marty made a huge error in evaluating the presence of Junior Seau and Rodney Harrison. That left the team with a big sour taste in their mouth. He then badly mismanaged the QB situation. You don't bounce back and forth and expect your young starter to perform flawlessly. How many people operate perfectly knowing that if you spit incorrectly you might get replaced? The 2004 Chargers removed themselves of a player who was cancerous (Boston) and have found their first good tight end since the REAL Kellen Winslow played. They have the best player in the game (apologies to Priest Holmes, but if LT played behind a great line he'd more than do what Priest does). Even with their problems last year they still had the 16th best offense. They lost 4 games in the 4th quarter (sound familiar?).

A lot of people sound ready to run David Carr, Chris Palmer, Vic Fangio, and Dom Capers out of town. It's one game. It's a 16 game season. The Chargers could go 11-4 the rest of the way and everyone will be wondering how the Texans stayed so close to them. Yeah, I know it's unlikely, but in this world teams seem to rise and fall like the career of Sandra Bullock. Ok, her's really hasn't risen again. The Texans conversely could win 6 of their next 10 and be in good shape. I for one don't know what's going to happen and I can't wait for the ride. No matter the result.
TexanBacker93 is offline   Reply With Quote