View Single Post
Old 09-13-2004   #55
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default one down 15 to go

Frist I like the chargers and Yes we did a geat job on LT. He is that good. Gates is a very good raw tallent, but it won't be too long befor that weapon is taken away from the chargers durring the season.
The main two weapons on the Chargers is LT and Gates. We did very well against one and pitiful against Gates. Gate's preformance falls squarly at the feet of the D coordinator. They did just like the fans on this board. They took him for granted. For the fans it is exscusable, but for a coach there is no excuse. They didn't game play for him and he beat them. I have no idea who the Lion's have at TE. But I will find out befor next week for my FF teams. If our D can make a street FA look like Gonzo, I want the Detroit TE on my teams.

I can forgive Robinson for the pass interfeence call. He played it perfectly. We drew an over officious jerk who made a mistake on the call. We might get an appology from the league next week. I know they want tight calls, but that was perfect coverage. However, the touchdown he gave up is inexcuseable. Cladwell isn't even a decent functioning #2 and is most likely one draft away from being on the street. To let Cladwell press him on the only route he can run, a fly pattern, loose his balance like a downtown wino, was just about the worst CB play I've seen on any level at any time. It was embarrassing even for a rookie. I'm sure Coach Lou hung his head in shame when he saw the replay. If he thinks Cladwell was something, wait untill next week. Roy will be watching and lickin' his chops.
All the Mooch knows to do is go down the feild.

I think all of the Texan's fans are wrong. The balance of the game came down to this simple fact. Schoottenheimer took a few shots down feild and Capers would not. The Texan's folded up the play book in the second quarter and tried to eek out another close one with the running game. And DD spit the bit. There is a reason DD was available in the fourth round. We should have beaten this team, no disrespect to the bolts fans, by two touchdowns.
As much as I like Jammer-Davis as a players, their is no one on the chargers roster who can cover AJ one on one. There is also no one on Detroit's roster who can cover him one on one either. But I have no doubt, that next week we'll be right back here scratchin' our heads.

Honor is due. They Chargers played a perfect game and took advatage of the opportunities
our players and coaches gave them. Good game & good Luck the rest of the season Blotz fans.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote