View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004   #3
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertankman
It could be worse, we could have won today and lost a few key players, i would rather loose and keep our stars, we play detroit next week and yes, they won today, but the Lions lost a pair of star players as Pro Bowl cornerback Dre' Bly suffered a knee injury and wide receiver Charles Rogers left with a broken collarbone, the same injury that cost him all but the first five games last season.

So this may be a advantage for us come sunday
Yes, it looks as though Rogers broke his collarbone and is probably out for the season. Prelimenary reports say Bly sprained his MCL and is out 3+ weeks. That was the good news for you, now the bad, the Lions still have 3 very capable receivers, Williams, Hakim, and Streets and Goodman (Bly's replacement) is pretty good. In fact, he started his rookie year and was hurt last season, plus we still have Bryant.

Should be an interesting game. I am doing a write-up for the matchup for a lions MB, I'll post the link when I finish (hopefully tomorrow). Do any of you guys meet for games in Houston? I was thinking of going to BW3 on W. Gray.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote