View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004   #20
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 249442 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bottle-O-Bud
Stop making stupid excuses man!!!!! SD had more fire than our team. How the &*^% does that happen when we are suppose to be the team on the rise!?
I do not where we go from here. The competition will get harder.
Which one of the things I pointed out is not a fact? If they are all facts (and I am certain that they are) then failing to see that these things will have an effect on a defenses (or an offenses) performance is simply stupid.

In the year that the Oilers began running the 46 defense they were sporting a number of quality veteran defenders. They added one linebacker who had not played with them before (but who was well versed in the 46 defense) and their defense looked terrible for the first quarter of the season. It didn't really begin to produce the kind of results they wanted to see until the second half of the season. Making changes or enduring changes in your scheme or personnel results in a period of adjustment. It's a fact of life, not an excuse.

I've never made a "stupid excuse" for the Texans. I've never had to.