View Single Post
Old 09-12-2004   #38
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I have to disagree, he got beat numerous times, and it's not like hes playin against some name receivers. Parker/Caldwell??????????? Come on....
Numerous times DoCt3rJ? Aside from the slip, when was he beaten? I have the replay running now so if you could tell me the plays, I'd like to take a look at them to see what I missed while I was at the game.

Update: I just finished watching the first half and they threw at him only once - on his strip of Caldwell early in the 2nd. He missed a tackle on LTs long run but he really wasn't in position to get a clear shot at him.

Mid-3rd qtr: made a nice hit on Parker after a short 6 yd reception. Good coverage. That was right before the Caldwelll TD (the slip). On the TD, Caldwell gave him a double move just like Bennett gave Coleman last year against TN. Nearly the same exact play. Maybe opposing coaches believe our corners are easy to bite on those double moves.

On the pass interference he had good coverage. He had to make up two steps but he closed nicely and had good position just prior to the catch attempt - but he let his body drift into the receiver and used the arm bar and was caught red handed.

4th quarter -- I'm getting sick of seeing Eric Brown getting beaten by Gates. The nickel and dime coverage wasn't good today. Glenn got roasted by Parker on that last TD.

Well, that's it... I don't know what game you were watching but Robinson wasn't even thrown at that much today and by my count he was beaten once - on the TD, and he had one pass interference called on him - for coverage that was a little too good. Aaron needs to teach him to be a little sneakier with that arm bar thing...

Last edited by aj.; 09-12-2004 at 10:16 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote