View Single Post
Old 09-11-2004   #13
SDBoltz
Veteran

Rep Power: 0 SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz SDBoltz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reddevil63
I think we have 4 corners who can shut down Erik Parker (whoever that is) in single coverage..

Aaron Glenn - without a doubt
Dunta Robinson - going to suprise alot of people
Demarcus Faggins - shut down Marvin Harrison for an entire game
Kenny Wright - stepped in when Glenn went down last year and played well

... try again
Glenn is a damn good player. So is Parker I just wished he hadn't got hurt early last year so i would have numbers to back up my claims.... and i'm not worried about anybody named faggins covering parker although if I were him i would watch my butt... literally. It takes a full season for a CB to get acclimated to the NFL. Unless they are Charles Woodson or even Quentin Jammer to an extent. But 1 on 1 anyone can get beat especially the way brees fakes and if there isnt a whole lot of pressure on the play which is bound to happen at some point in the game. Erik Parker does not drop passes. I'm a Charger fan I have seen a ton of dropped passes. He is a playmaker. but lets say someone does have him covered. Who is going to cover antonio gates 1 on 1??? He doesnt drop passes either. He is the reason we cut Josh Norman. Norman was a great route runner and could get open but he couldnt catch that was the one knock on him, as much as I liked him.
SDBoltz is offline   Reply With Quote