Thread: Bad News....
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2004   #111
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 97370 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

not defending Coleman here, but I rear ended a truck when I was younger.. embarrassing the truck was parked and I was going 30 ... The front end of my truck looked like I hit a pole. It looked horrible.. I have no idea how fast Coleman was going, but you got my curiosity up..

At what speed will an air bag deploy?
Air bags inflate as fast as 200 mph (320km/h), and with great force. U.S. Federal regulations currently require air bags to inflate and restrain an unbelted dummy representing the average adult male in a crash test into a concrete barrier at 30 mph (48 km/h). To meet this federal requirement, an air bag must inflate in a split second (about 1/30th of a second). This is faster than a blink of an eye. It is so fast you can't see it happen. In the crash test the air bag must be able to restrain the force that the unbelted dummy, which weighs about 165 pounds (75kg), applies to the air bag. That force can be as much as 2000 pounds (900 kg).
http://www.edmontonmotors.com/airbag.html
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote