Thread: colts 0-3?
View Single Post
Old 09-10-2004   #25
thegr8fan
All Pro

Rep Power: 667 thegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respectedthegr8fan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
The Colts had 446 total net yards with over 200 on the ground (4.8 average) and 28 first downs. I'd say thats "clicking".
take away Wayne's 1 receiving catch for 42 yds, and Clarks 1 receiving catch for 64 yards and that puts the Colts passing offense at a grand total of 150 yds for a game. That is NOT clicking for a Colts offense. As noted above when you shut down Harrison who actually caught 7 pass's for 44 yds then you can say your 'D' did its job. EJ was good, I don't dispute that, but I have seen him in much better form. Given that he fumbled 2 times I would say that he difinitely didn't bring his 'A' game.

The Colts offense was not 'clicking' IMHO. They did a good job of making yards in the middle of the field and not of scoring. 446 yds and they had a grand total of 24 points. 17 of which came in the 2nd QTR alone. They made a whole 7 points in the entire second half.

And 4 of those 28 first downs were on penalty's. Some of which were questionable at best. But you and I won't ever agree on those 'zebras' on the field V, so I will leave that one alone.
thegr8fan is offline   Reply With Quote