View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004   #15
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 165505 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTP2110
It's funny because we bash all the writers for not showing the Texans respect. Then when the Texans get good, and all the writers are on the bandwagon, we will still bash them for being bandwagon jumpers and not paying attention to us before. It's great being a fan.
I'm not bashing them for it. I'm just pointing out that this is what their job is all about. Getting you to buy the magazine to read the articles, getting you to come to the website or tune into the show. They write about the teams that are streaking, winning, advancing, what have you and the other teams are not going to get the coverage or the attention that the playoff teams get. Their jumping on the bandwagon after not being overwhelming in voicing the merits of the Texans isn't an insult. It's an expected outcome. It fits their pattern. You just have to win long enough to get their collective attention.

Frankly I'm impressed that the Texans get as much attention as they do nationwide.