View Single Post
Old 09-09-2004   #39
THEPIZZ1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hervoyel
Good point. Not completely solid but a good point nevertheless. I think you should note however that the difference in time for your defense is one season and a season in which you've recently made a scheme change to it on top of that. His statement about the Texans improved running game is obviously true though.

In 2002 when the Chargers spent a Sunday afternoon planting David Carr all over the field The Texans couldn't run the ball to save their (or Carr's) life. That's just not the case anymore. Being able to run the ball helped drop 40 sacks off of our allowed total last season. In two years we've gained a running game and an improved offensive line. In that same interval the Chargers have sunk to the bottom of the league.

I hope you have the personnel to play the 3-4 because when you don't (We saw it last season when injuries put us in a bad spot) it's ugly as sin. Actually now that I think about it no I don't. I hope you don't have the people to pull it off. It will be nice to see someone else get that end of the stick for a change after the 2003 "Texans Death March".
Fair enough. We don't know at this point whether the new 3-4 defense will help us or hurt us yet. But luckily, the games are played on the field (not on message boards), so we will find out soon enough.

And I'm going to help myself to some of your popcorn
THEPIZZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote