View Single Post
Old 09-08-2004   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

In the two years the Texans have been playing I've seen 23 losses. One more on Sunday against the Chargers won't drastically alter my world much. The past two seasons we've started with a big win and ended with a "death march" towards the end of the year. I'd gladly trade the expected win against San Diego for a 3-1 last quarter of the season. Gladly.

It's a game we can win. Capers usually has the Texans ready to play in week 1. We (and the Chargers) are going to be seeing DD for 4 quarters and he's looked great this year in the limited amount of time he's been out there. Carr has also been sharp. I expect a win. Don't worry about a loss until it happens and then put it past you. 16 games is a long season and week one means very little by the end of it. Sure you might look back and say "Man, if we'd just taken care of business against San Diego then we'd have finished at 8-8 for the first time (or 9-7, dare I say 10-6 and in the playoffs) but it's not something to dwell on. The Patriots I believe looked terrible last year on opening day against the Bills but the Bills were watching those same Patriots win another Super Bowl when it was all over so don't put too much stock in it.

It's not a problem though because we're winning that game.