View Single Post
Old 09-07-2004   #44
Lucky

Rep Power: 169923 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meloy
I agree Vinny, man I hope some of you do not trip over your feet with all the stars in your eyes. Hey I am hopeful but think 7 & 9 would be outstanding... Remember, this was supposed to be a building year with playoffs in 4th year.
A 7-9 record would have been outstanding in the 1st year, or even last year with all of the injuries. A 7-9 record in '04 would be little more than OK. It would probably mean that the Texans either had more injury problems or did a mediocre job of evaluating the incoming talent. I don't think the Texans spend the money they did in free agency, or go for quality over quantity in the draft, if they didn't believe there was an opportunity for the postseason this year.

I don't "remember" where Casserly or Capers said that the Texans couldn't get to the playoffs in year 3. Could you refresh my memory?