View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004   #17
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

One thing to keep in mind too about this whole "No more excuses about injuries" thing McLain said is that if (And please don't let this happen again this season) the Texans place another league high number of players on IR then that's simply not an excuse. It's a reality. I have high hopes for the Texans this year just like many of you but I'm not going to ignore reality when I look back over the 2004 season and try to figure out where I think the Texans are in the building process.

This season is the year I start counting their win-loss record as a major factor in how well I think they're doing. For the past two years I've said that starting in 2004 I'm going to be judging them more by wins and losses than moral victorys. If they are one of the teams that gets the injury bug that's the only thing that counters that. If they're playing without their starting defensive line and DD is out getting treatment every week then that's a completely different story. If everyone stays healthy then it's time to start beating people at least 50% of the time.