View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004   #36
powda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 97166 powda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respectedpowda is a quality contributor and well respected

throughout their brief history ive watched a team that refused to lay down and die despite not having a chance in numerous games...last year ,and in the preseason, ive seen fleeting glimpses of an offense that can be special. carr is the real deal. davis is a superstar waiting to happen. by mid-season this crew will be performing efficiently ,and for the first time this year i expect to see the texans blowout at least 1 team.

but heres the kicker on offense...davis. much like the jags based their success on the health of fred taylor a few years ago...the texans will be dependent upon davis. when hes out of the offense due to injury there is a palitable difference---and every defense we play knows it. hollings will be solid and have the occasional great play ,but he's no substitute for how good our offense can be with davis on the field.

i expect our offense to make a signifigant leap in the overall standings this year.

nonetheless our offense does have questions to answer:

-davis (durability)
-wand
-pitts
-can banks duplicate his steady performance last year if called upon to do so?
-and the ever present question of depth wich would appear more signifigant a problem for the defense then the offense.

as for the defense, we have a lot more questions to answer here.

-payne
-walker
-coleman
-robinson
-babin
-depth
-and call me paranoid ,but im starting to wonder how come we NEVER seem to get consistent pressure on the opposing qb. (yeah i know their are a number of legit reasons)...but the worry i have is maybe teams have caught up with some of capers schemes. i know its premature to think that considering the circumstances of last season...but...its a thought i have.

i think the defense will make a mild improvment. robinson will be burned more then a few times this year ,but i think overall we will be poised to have a top 15 type defense in 2005. i'm just not buying it this year. to many players have something to prove ,and yes, i think one of our d-linemen will go down early and miss 3-5 games.

i think this will be the titans last playoff year.
indy's offseason was unimpressive and their defense is still suspect.
the jags will be our biggest competition for the playoffs in 2 years...

i see us splitting the division 3-3. with a solid swan song to end the year...

so whats my prediction?

we have the talent to make the playoffs ,but we dont have the talent to TAKE a playoff spot. if we make it to the post season it will be due to some outside circumstance such as an injury to a key player(s) in our division. or perhaps, a miracle season of our own with no signifigant injuries...(highly doubtfull)

9-7