View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004   #6
Lucky

Rep Power: 185201 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ
Pretty much sums up what's been said on these boards all off season.
Not only that, but it reads as a post on the message board (no offense to anyone here). I guess they didn't go over transition sentences at Baylor. McClain has been around forever and has a lot of contacts. As a reporter of news, he's fine. As a feature writer, he's almost unreadable.

I don't know about Capers job being on the line, but I also expect a minimum of 7 wins. Really, 8 wins should be the benchmark. The Texans should finish the '04 season with a winning record at home. I say that because their homefield advantage is among the best in the league. The Texans came up with 2 road victories in each of their 1st 2 seasons. I don't think that 3 wins outside of Reliant is too much to ask for in year 3.

I think the Texans may be better than a .500 team because Dom Capers has been able to get teams to overachieve. And I don't really care if John McClain thinks the Texans have no shot at the playoffs. I'm certain the Capers does and he'll be able to instill that confidence in his team. But regardless of how this season turns out, I don't think this organization gets blown up. That just doesn't seem like Bob McNair's style.
Lucky is online now   Reply With Quote