Originally Posted by Ibar_Harry
I think this has been particularly true with respect to the offensive line. I think Capers needs to take a hard look at what his objectives are and I think a number of changes must be made if we are going to think SB.
Dom Davis ran for 1000 yards in 10 games and David Carr was sacked 16 times last year. Can you help me out here? Those are impressive numbers. Miserable lines do not throw out those kinds of stats.
We have a nice starting lineup on both sides of the ball. We worked on NEEDED depth in the off-season after we took care of 6 (SIX) starting positions that were clearly up in the air at the end of last season. Thats 22% of our starters.
1) Secured Gary Walker who would have been a huge loss if he did not re-sign
2) Signed a RT that was not a journeyman for the first time ever in this franchise. Wade
3) Signed Robaire Smith to complete our starting D-line. We had a career back up starting for our first two years in Deloach.
4) Babin projects to start on the edge. We have not had enough talent on the edge since we started this franchise 32 games ago.
5) Dunta Robinson allows Marcus Coleman to move to FS. This resolves two positions.
After this, we added several players with outstanding athletic abilities to give us depth. We are still on a 5-year plan and are only 2/5ths into it. I see no glaring holes on either side of the ball and our special teams should be better this year due to having deeper benches.
I think both units will hold their own. We should be middle of the pack on both sides of the ball.