View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004   #8
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't either. I'm not real clear on the Practice Squad rules but I don't believe that you could place Couch on one. I could be wrong about that but I just don't know. I don't think that would help him anyway. I believe his biggest problem is in his head though and I don't think a spot on a Practice Squad (even if it were possible) is going to be the solution to that. Someone with an aging #1 and a solid #2 is going to have to pick him, put him on their 53 and let coach him back to effectiveness. That's assuming he's willing to start over again. Then if he can get his confidence back and if he's got it in him he'll have to beat that #2 out before his chance to start again comes when their starter retires. It's a long term project.

The best spot for him to do that was Green Bay but they've obviously decided that it isn't going ot happen so where does that leave him? Waiting for someone to call who loses a signal caller this year.