View Single Post
Old 09-05-2004   #14
HoustonLionsFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
say lions man, how is the secondary over there in detroit? dont yall have a couple of injuries? fenado did a great job against harrison in the past is he alright?
I think the secondary is looking really good right now, despite minor injuries. Marion left with a contusion on his knee the last preseason game. Put a shot in his knee and he's good to go, I think. Bryant came out in that game also, but it was just a stinger. Both are expected to play in the opener, at least I haven't heard anything different.

Bly is the #1 CB and Bryant is the #2. This means Bryant will be even better. He was always facing the #1 WR's, but that will be Bly's job. So which way do you throw? The Lions have 2 #1 CB'S. Should be good. Marion adds experience the safety position and his addition allows Brian Walker to move back to his natural SS position, which he played with Marion in Miami (Walker gets **** from alot of Lions fans, but he was out of position last year at FS without a real SS and with #4 and #5 CB's). Our nickel back should be Chris Cash, who started his rookie year (2002), but was hurt last year. Overall, I think (slightly biased) that the Lions have one of the strongest secondaries in the league. Unfortunately, if preseason is any indication, they may have trouble stopping the run. Oh, if the secondary gives up yards, blame the DE's for not putting a rush on and pressuring the QB. Also, Bly and Bryant are good cover corners so the 'new' rules shouldn't hurt them too much.
HoustonLionsFan is offline   Reply With Quote