View Single Post
Old 05-10-2004   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mistril48
SteelBlue - Can you refresh my memory. When they signed re-Washington, I think at the time they signed Walker, Smith and Wade, did they give him much of a signing bonus. I would think that would signal if he is a risk to be cut. I have no real feel for who will start at left guard among Washington, Brown or Weary. I guess Brown started last year and Washington finished?
I am not sure about the bonus for Washington, but that is a good point. I will have to look that up if it is available. As to the starters, I think Brown has the edge, but I also think that Weary is probably the best athlete on the line and should have an edge if we do in fact change our blocking schemes radically. If we do more trapping and area-blocking I think Weary may have an edge, although I have thought that he may be our future center for about a year now (I'm not real high on McKinney, but this blocking scheme change may help him too...he's more of a finesse guy). Early in training camp will likely give us a bit more clarity on how the line shakes out, but I am not sure if mini-camp will tell us much. I am anxious to see how we change our blocking schemes.

Bottle, I think Wand is a 3-year project. I just can't see him replacing Pitts until next year.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote