View Single Post
Old 09-01-2004   #19
Lucky

Rep Power: 153310 Lucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respectedLucky is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredge
I remember last year that a lot of fans would call the talk shows and complain about how much we ran on 1st down...
Well, are we talking about last season or this season? Last year, the quarterback was out for a 1/3 of the season. The defense was decimated with injuries. All of that and Domanick's emergence led to the 49/51 run/pass ratio. I'm sure the Texans did throw more during the 2 minute drill or when they were hopelessly behind. But they also ran the ball more than usual due to the QB injuries. If you look back before the 1st Carr injury, the Texans had a 46/54 run/pass ratio. That's pretty much average for the NFL. The post-Carr injury ratio was 52/48.

Carr is 22-31-270 yards, 2 TD's, 0 INT's in a little over 4 quarters of work this preseason. I don't know if Carr will continue to get the opportunities to throw the ball once the real season begins. But I'm not going to assume that the Texans will revert back to the same Carr-less offensive game plans of '03 either.
Lucky is offline   Reply With Quote