View Single Post
Old 08-30-2004   #25
DominatorDavis
Veteran

Default Most recient article on Rivers

Link: http://www.newsobserver.com/sports/c...-7774771c.html

The Associated Press Aug 29, 2004

Two weeks before their opener in Houston, the San Diego Chargers haven't decided who will be their starting quarterback.
It'll be either Drew Brees, the starter for the past two years, or rookie Philip Rivers, the draft's fourth pick overall. But coach Marty Schottenheimer isn't ready to anoint his top guy just yet.

"We'll make a judgment on who we think that gives us the best chance to win the game and that's the way we approach it," he said. "Rookie, veteran, is really not relevant."

Brees is 26-of-40 for 361 yards in the Chargers' three exhibition games, two of which they've lost. He has two touchdown passes and two interceptions.

Rivers made his debut Friday after ending a contract holdout. He completed his first three passes, but finished 5-of-14 for 79 yards. He threw two interceptions and was sacked twice.

"You learn from it," said Rivers, the former N.C. State star. "I didn't want to struggle and throw the picks. I didn't expect to do that, but I was prepared that if I hit some bumps. ... It's part of it."
DominatorDavis is offline   Reply With Quote