View Single Post
Old 08-29-2004   #23
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 50265 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

You all are probably right about Starling since you've been able to closely watch and monitor the situation. I feel differently for several reasons-

1. Intelligence, from what I've read Sloan has him beat hands down, you can look it up if you like.
2. Versatility, Starling does not impress me as a natural returner, the Job remains JJ's so that is mute, plus there are other players who have demonstrated potential return material (Vontez Duff).
3. Which WR position does Starling excell at? Can he play a 1, 2 or 3. Here Sloan has proven, at a major program I might add that he can play all three if needed.

In retrospect I don't think Starling or Sloan will make the 53 man roster, both should be placed on the practice squad, but I've been known to be wrong before so I will gladly admit I'm wrong if not the case. I've heard that NFL teams have to make decisons starting with cut-down Tuesday. When is the official 53 man roster announced
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote