View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004   #20
dredge
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky
I have been very impressed with Starling. However, no way should he start. Who would you pull? AJ, Bradford, or Gaffney? No way he moves above those guys. And frankly, as impressive as Starling has been, imo Armstrong has been twice as impressive! My gut instinct tells me he will make the 53 man roster, and will return kickoffs, be a gunner, and be the 5th WR.
I do feel the sky is the limit for Starling. He has the size/speed/intanigbles to be an excellent WR someday soon. But, someday is not today. I like Sloan as well, and feel he has a slight chance at making the roster, and a very good chance of making the practice squad. No other WR in camp has a shot at the 53 man roster imo.
Well said Porky. I agree w/each point you made. I am anxious to see what Armstrong will do this year. Starling will get his chance as a receiver next year, or maybe in a blowout game this year. He just seems to go all out every play and ends up right in the thick of things. Even when he flew by the punt returner late in the game, he was back up trailing the play and almost made the tackle. That's hustle!
dredge is offline   Reply With Quote