Thread: Ragone
View Single Post
Old 08-28-2004   #12
mac15
Rookie

So to summarize...Ragone was basically a wasted pick. I know you beloved Texans think David Carr hung the moon--but, you shouldn't be so quick to judge a sophomore QB. He has not had adequate playing time to prove what he can do. You stick him in a game where you're already getting beat. He plays 4-1/2 minutes with a backup O-line. What do you people want? Miracles?
I mean, David Carr was so glorious his first year there right? He was ranked the 2nd worst QB in NFL in 2002. You say that's not a fair judgement, right? And why is that? Because he played behind a young, insufficient O line? My point precisely.
And yes, biased I am. I am from Louisville, I watched Ragone mature into an excellent QB at the college level. With the right team, he will be an excellent QB at the NFL level. I just hope it is with someone who gives him the time to prove what he is actually capable of doing with a football. Clearly, you can not.
Let the smack begin...I know I'm asking for it...But, for what it's worth..that's my opinion.
mac15 is offline   Reply With Quote